Safety Specialist – Horizon Oil Sands-Canadian Natural – EXPIRED POSTING
Fort McMurray Alberta Canada
MAKE YOUR MARK WHILE YOU GROW YOUR CAREER
At Canadian Natural we believe our employees are the key to unlocking asset potential. As one of the largest independent crude oil and natural gas producers in the world, our balanced asset mix creates opportunity for people who want to be part of a challenging and competitive industry. Join our team as we create value through innovation.
Horizon Oil Sands
Horizon Oil Sands is a world class asset offering countless opportunities to advance your career. Comprised of surface oil sands mining and bitumen upgrading facilities, this vast project offers challenging opportunities in an environment where teamwork, innovation, and your expertise are valued. Apply your abilities using industry leading technologies and contribute to the success of the Horizon Oil Sands.
COMPETITIVE SALARY – STOCK OPTIONS – STOCK SAVINGS PLAN – ANNUAL BONUSES – BENEFITS – LOCATION PREMIUMS – RELOCATION – FLY IN/FLY OUT AND ACCOMMODATIONS PROGRAM!
Visit www.cnrl-careers.com/candidateinfo to learn more about our Total Rewards Package and much more!
This position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary or Fort McMurray
• Company Sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out and Accommodations Program with charter flights from Calgary or Edmonton
As a key member of the Safety and Integrity team at the Horizon Oil Sands, you will contribute to the safe and reliable ongoing operations of a live plant. Specifically, the Safety Specialist will utilize their operations and maintenance background to support their team by monitoring and advising on all aspects of regulatory compliance and due diligence in the areas of process, workplace safety, and risk control.
The Safety Specialist will have the opportunity to join a large organization committed to practicing safety excellence. In addition, you will be able to take full advantage of this learning opportunity and exposure to a wide variety of operational and maintenance activities while demonstrating and strengthening front-line safety driven values.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Ensure all staff and contractors adhere to the Alberta Workplace Health & Safety requirements including monitoring of compliance with applicable legislation
• Interact with various groups and stakeholders including but not limited to operations and maintenance safety teams, front-line managers, and safety contractors
• Attend daily meetings, tool box talks and safety meetings within the business unit
• Utilize your strong report writing skills to complete a weekly safety report
• Manage incident remedial action items
• Organize mock emergency drills for the business unit
• Conduct audits and inspections
• Participate in safety tours and inspections with front line supervisors
• Act as safety representative for construction hazard review, pre-job kick off, work plan reviews, post contract safety evaluation and stewardship meetings
• Assist or facilitate required investigations of accidents and incidents and follow up on outstanding actions
• Monitor site contractor safety programs and prepare weekly/monthly compliance reports
• Assist with the development and coordination of job hazard analysis
• Typically 2+ years of industrial field safety experience in addition to 2+ years in an operations/maintenance role
• Operations experience with relevant degree, trades certificate, or technical diploma
• Exposure to large production operations and plants
• Must possess a recognized safety-related certification or diploma such as NCSO
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o Working in a live plant and operations environment
o Microsoft Office Suite
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To see related Health and Safety roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Health-and-Safety
Canadian Natural Resources Limited – CNRL – is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.