Lead – Risk Safety Engineer – Horizon Oil Sands-Canadian Natural – EXPIRED POSTING
Fort McMurray Alberta Canada
MAKE YOUR MARK WHILE YOU GROW YOUR CAREER
At Canadian Natural we believe our employees are the key to unlocking asset potential. As one of the largest independent crude oil and natural gas producers in the world, our balanced asset mix creates opportunity for people who want to be part of a challenging and competitive industry. Join our team as we create value through innovation.
Horizon Oil Sands
Horizon Oil Sands is a world class asset offering countless opportunities to advance your career. Comprised of surface oil sands mining and bitumen upgrading facilities, this vast project offers challenging opportunities in an environment where teamwork, innovation, and your expertise are valued. Apply your abilities using industry leading technologies and contribute to the success of the Horizon Oil Sands.
COMPETITIVE SALARY – STOCK OPTIONS – STOCK SAVINGS PLAN – ANNUAL BONUSES – BENEFITS – LOCATION PREMIUMS – RELOCATION – FLY IN/FLY OUT AND ACCOMMODATIONS PROGRAM!
Visit www.cnrl-careers.com/candidateinfo to learn more about our Total Rewards Package and much more!
This position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary or Fort McMurray
• Company Sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out and Accommodations Program with charter flights from Calgary or Edmonton
As part of an evolving team and area, the Lead Risk Safety Engineer will be given the opportunity to progress and define the company’s safety oriented culture from a grassroots level. You will demonstrate your hands-on experience and technical safety expertise to direct and coordinate the full risk control effort by interfacing closely with operational oil sands units. The principal area of focus is on assessing technical process and engineering risks in the context of protecting people from injury or illness and protecting processes, facilities and the environment. In doing so, you will make significant contributions in maintaining and contributing to the ongoing safety of personnel and the safety oriented culture at the Horizon Oil Sands site.
The Lead Risk Safety Engineer is a working, hands-on role which includes being the Safety Engineer for an operational area as well as being responsible for the overall Horizon Technical Safety Engineering team effort.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Participate in the Management of Change (MOC) process by facilitating Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) including the ‘what if/checklist’ and ‘Hazop’ methodologies
• Lead operational support meetings including process safety incident investigations, process integrity hazard reviews and regular field inspections
• Provide operational fire protection expertise meeting the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Codes/Standards and Insurance Guidelines
• Provide technical safety engineering support to meet company standards as well as standard industry practice
• Conduct physical effect modeling work to support Operations
• Lead the Horizon Technical Safety Engineering team to provide cohesive day-to-day support to Operations on risk control issues
• Typically 15+ years of related safety/risk engineering industry experience including 5+ years of leadership experience with Engineering degree
• Registration or eligibility for registration with APEGA
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o Oil Sands
o Fire protection, including water based systems
o Risk engineering, commercial insurance or in a related risk engineering discipline such as process safety
o Chairing multi-disciplinary meetings
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To see related Health and Safety roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Health-and-Safety
Canadian Natural Resources Limited – CNRL – is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.